Damodar Kunda is a holy lake in Mustang, which offers you to trek journey in the basin of Damodar Himal. Lake resides at an elevation of 4890m, admitting majestic views of snow-capped mountains. Majestic views of Annapurna sanctuary, Dhaulagiri ranges, and other prominent peaks reveal breathtaking feelings. We invite every adventure lovers, Holiday seekers, young blood, for a fantastic trek to Damodar Kunda. The holy Damodar Kunda lake has its status in Hindu mythology. According to Garud Puran, Lord Krishna said that a person dipping into Damodar Kunda would rid their sins. So, based on this ideology, every year, thousands of pilgrims take a dip into Damodar Kunda.
Moreover, during the full moon of August dipping into Damodar, Kunda ensures more holiness.
Damodar Kunda admits divine unity in diversity among both Hindus and Buddhists. Trek to Damodar Kunda is ideal from April to September, whereas August is a peak festival season here. Our Damodar Kunda trekking begins from Kathmandu City Tour, and from here, we continue with a scenic drive to Pokhara. From Pokhara, we fly for Jomsom and chase the majestic pathways of Kagbeni. Crossing Kagbeni ensures the asylum of Chele, Syangboche, Ghaymi, Charang, and Lo-Manthang.
Similarly, we resume our trek towards Damodar Kunda following the trails of Dri and Bas Khola. After the complete discovery of Damodar Kunda, we descend our trekking towards the traces of Muktinath. From Muktinath, we return to Jomsom for a fly to Pokhara. From Pokhara, we will take a flight to Kathmandu, which concludes our Damodar Kunda Trekking.
• Enjoy traditional Buddhist rituals in Lo-Manthang
• Witness incredible vistas of snowy mountains and imperial geographies,
• Beautiful drive to Pokhara,
• Discover the picturesque journey of Himalayan foothills,
• Observe the gallant scenes of centuries-old caves, prayer flags, and monasteries.
• Scenic Flight to Jomsom,
Day 1: Arrival: Tribhuvan International Airport (1360m),
We will be there for your arrival at Kathmandu, TIA airport. From the airport, we will transfer you towards the hotel,
Day 2: Kathmandu City Tour:
After having breakfast, we will begin our cultural sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. Here we will explore Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, and Swoyambhunath Stupa.
Similarly, based on our timing, we will discover the historical vibes of Kathmandu Durbar Square. We will stay overnight in Kathmandu,
Day 3: Kathmandu-Pokhara Drive (850m), 7-8 Hrs: (25-30 minutes in Flight),
We will have breakfast in the morning session then we will begin our Pokhara drive on a tourist bus. Along the pathways, we will experience fabulous scenes of landscapes, electric rivers, villages, hilltops, etc.
Similarly, when we reach close to Pokhara, the alarming vistas of Mt. Machhapuchre and Mt. Dhaulagiri welcome us with gratitude. In the evening, we will explore the lake site atmosphere of Pokhara. We will stay overnight in Pokhara,
Day 4: Flight to Jomsom & Trek to Kagbeni (2858m), 3-4 Hrs,
We will take a morning flight to Jomsom, but before that, we will have a delicious morning breakfast. Pokhara to Jomsom flight is a scenic 20-minute flight. After reaching Jomsom, we will inhale the airy atmosphere, as we chase Kagbeni following the traces of the majestic Kagbeni river. Encompassing the ascending and descending trails, we will reach Ekley-Bhatti village, and from here, we will walk for an hour to reach Kagbeni. Kagbeni is an ancient trade route to Tibet. We will stay overnight in Tibet,
Day 5: Trek to Chele (3050m), 5-6 Hrs,
After a permit check, we will resume our route following the bank of Kaligandaki river. From here, we will enter Mustang, where the easter trails encounter with Kang Gompa. Along the pathways, we will experience many Tibetan architectures from ancient to modern eras.
Similarly, we will surpass the eastern bank of the Kaligandaki river, as we enter Chele village. We will stay overnight at Chele
Day 6: Trek to Syangbochen (3475m) via Taklam-La Pass (3624m), 6-7 Hrs,
We will continue our trail as we enter Taklam La Pass (3,624m) crossing constrict plateaus. Along the pathways, we will encounter views of Nilgiri, Yaskawa Kang, Tilicho Peak, Damodar Danda, etc.
Similarly, we will continue our trek for 3 Hrs, to reach Syangbochen. We will descend along the pathways with fresh air from Juniper trees. Overnight at Syangbocen,
Day 7: Trek to Ghaymi (3520m), via Yamada-La (3850m) and Nyi Pass (4010m), 5-6 Hrs:
After having breakfast, we will elevate towards uphills to Yamuda La (3,850m). We will have tea and interact with locals along the pathways.
Similarly, we will discover the vibes of traditional Tibetan style houses with open Varanda. From here, we will extend towards Nyi Pass, which is the highest pass of the trek. Overnight at Ghaymi,
Day 8: Trek to Charang (3500m), 4-5 Hrs, walk
We will continue our trek after a leisurely walk towards Charang. From here, we will incline a bit towards Ghaymi Khola. Along the trails, we will see a great series of Mani walls at Charang, which admits many red Gompas, white Dzong, etc.
Day 9: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3700m), 5-6 Hrs,
Today we will cross Charang Khola and elevate towards the windy pass of Lo. It offers clear views of Lo-Manthang. We will descend and elevate towards the plane land discovering beautiful valleys. Crossing these paths confirms our entrance to Lo-Manthang. We will discover ancient monasteries, prayer flags, and some traditional houses at Lo-Manthang. Overnight at Lo-Manthang
Day 10: Explore Lo-Manthang (3700m)
We will rest in Lo-Manthang and discover the cultural and historic center. Lo-Manthang has four important gompas, including the royal palaces. We will discover the great circumference of Himalayan vistas. Similarly, we will see the traditional vibes of Tibetan heritages. We will stay overnight at Lo-Manthang,
Day 11: Lo-Manthang to Dri Yara (4200m), 6-7 Hrs,
We will continue our trek to Dri Yara village, and after a half an hour of descending, we will reach Dhie. Crossing Dhie we will surpass metallic bridge, and enjoy the majestic natural graces alongside the river bank. So, with an hour of the steady climb, we will reach Dri-Yara. Overnight at Dri-Yara,
Day 12: Dri Khola-Bas Khola, 6 to 7 Hrs,
We will walk along the riverbank, crossing some classical Buddhist Villages. So, after ascending a bit, we will pause for lunch, then start trekking for a few hours. Overnight at Bas Khola,
Day 13: Bas Khola-Damodar Kunda (5200m), 5-7 Hrs,
We will continue our trails towards, Damodar Kunda, encompassing few ascending and descending trails. Along the paths, we might experience some hard tracks, but the outcome is just magnificent. We will stay overnight at Damodar Kunda
Day 14: Exploring around Damodar Kunda,
We will capture the stunning sceneries of Damodar Kunda Lakes, and the vistas of great Himalayas. Dudh Kunda Himal hails high, adding colors to the shine of holy Dudhkuda lake. Overnight at Damodar Kunda,
Day 15: Trek to Yara (3900m), 6-7 Hrs,
We will continue our trek to Yara after having breakfast at Damodar Kunda. Along the trail, we will continue to trek to left crossing small passes. We will have lunch in mid-day and walk through the gorgeous Kaligandaki river. Crossing over several steep pathways, we will explore some hidden caves. Overnight at Yara,
Day 16: Trek to Tanya (3240m), 5-6 Hrs,
After having breakfast, we will continue our trails and enjoy the offering of mother nature architectures. Similarly, after having lunch, we will walk through the Kaligandaki river, and chase towards Tangye valley. We will stay overnight at Tanya Valley,
Day 17: Trek to Tetang (3040m), 5-6 Hrs,
From Tenaya, our journey leads to Tetang crossing traditional Buddhist villages. Here we will encompass small hills crossing the ridges, which leads to Tetang. Overnight at Tetang,
Day 18: Trek to Muktinath (3700m), 5-6 Hrs,
Memorizing the fresh vibes of Kagbeni trek, we will trek down to Muktinath via Tetang. Muktinath is a holy Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage. After spending some spiritual time in Muktinath, we will start exploring its view tops. It offers dramatic setting Himalayas, landmarks, and exotic biodiversity. Overnight at Muktinath,
Day 19: Trek to Jomsom (2700m), 6-7 Hrs,
We will descend to Jomsom, walking along the paths of Jharkot village and discover some centuries-old monasteries. Continuing the trail to Kagbeni, which is the exit point of restricted areas in Upper Mustang. From Kagbeni, we will steadily walk along the paths to Jomsom. Overnight at Jomsom,
Day 20: Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (850m), 20 Minutes,
From Jomsom airport, we will take a morning flight to Pokhara. The aerial journey admits fabulous views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Machhapuchre, etc. Along with this, an aerial journey to Pokhara offers great views of hidden treasures of the region. With lunch, during day time, we will walk along the streets of Pokhara and boating at Phewa Lake. Overnight at Pokhara,
Day 21: Drive to Kathmandu (1350m), 7-8 Hrs: (25-30 Minutes in Flight),
We have the option for a scenic drive to Kathmandu, or we can choose a 25-minute flight to Kathmandu via Pokhara airport. We will stay overnight at Kathmandu,
Day 22: Departure:
Waving a final goodbye, we will drop you towards TIA airport for your onward destinations,
● Airport-Hotel-Airport via private transport,
● Kathmandu & Pokhara accommodations (B-B Basis),
● Tourist bus Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu (Yourself & staff) or Flight in option,
● Flight Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara,
● Annapurna conservation area entry permit,
● Special Upper Mustang Trekking Permit (US$ 500 Per Person for 10 Days)
● Camping accommodation during trek,
● Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
● Three meals everyday while on the trek: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
● Soft drinks like hot water, coffee, tea, juice, soup, bakery food, etc.
● Camping equipment like tents (dining tent, sleeping tent, kitchen tent), mattress, kitchen items, etc.
● Experienced English speaking government licensed mountain trekking guide(s),
● Experienced and strong mountain trekking camping staff like porters, kitchen boy, harder, tent boy, etc.
● Guided city tour in Kathmandu by a private vehicle
● All program according to itineraries on full board,
● Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and other facilities to staffs during the trek,
● Farewell dinner at typical Nepali cultural restaurant,
● Rescue arrangements,
● Local & government TAX-VAT etc.
● Meals (Lunch & Dinner) while in Kathmandu & Pokhara,
● Insurance for Travel/Accident/Medical/Emergency evacuation,
● International airfare,
● Tips for trekking staff and driver (Expects Tipping),
● All kind of alcoholic items,
● Personal shopping, laundry, trekking equipment, etc.
● Nepal Entry Visa fee,
● Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, an illness which are not under our control,
● Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
● Any other expenses not mentioned in the “Trip Includes” section etc.
● Monument entrance fees while on tour in Kathmandu (approx. USD26 per person)
• The departure schedule changes if there are any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
• Price subjected to change if there are more than two people in a group.
• We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, etc. We can include these programs on your recent trip to your request.
• Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).